Modern Slavery Act 2015
Vivien Sheriff is committed to improving practices to combat slavery and human trafficking. This statement sets out the steps that Vivien Sheriff is taking to identify and address the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our business operations.
Our business and supply chain
We are an award-winning milliner based in the heart of Wiltshire. We sit at the forefront of contemporary millinery spearheading a renaissance in bespoke and acutely luxurious designs. Our team comprises some of the most talented artisans in the country translating signature designs into poignant statement pieces. We pride ourselves on the quality of our customer experience, ethical sourcing and focusing on what is right for the long-term sustainability of our business.
We provide our customers with luxury products by ensuring that we use only the best materials and production methods. We work with most-skilled producers and always try to promote traditional and artisan methods of production. We also work with our direct suppliers to apply quality control procedures.
We promote sustainable and environmental practices throughout the supply chain. We do not support the rearing of animals for the sole purpose of their skins. We do not sell real fur and we work with our suppliers to ensure they do not use endangered or threatened animal species, fauna or flora. Suppliers must comply with C.I.T.E.S (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna) to ensure that international trade in specimens of wild animals and plants do not threaten their survival.
Our approach to anti-slavery and human trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Anti-slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery, child labour and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere within the business.
Vivien Sheriff has been synonymous with sourcing quality products for the business. As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we are ensuring that our processes and systems allow us to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas;
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking;
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains; and
- Protect whistle blowers.
Supplier adherence to our values and ethics
Vivien Sheriff has zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. Working with existing suppliers to ensure that as a minimum their approach to anti-slavery meets our standards by:
- Building expectations on compliance into new supplier onboarding procedures;
- Setting out the standards that both existing and new suppliers will be expected to meet, and carrying out spot checks on an ad hoc basis;
- Reviewing and updating relevant standard trading terms to ensure that anti-slavery provisions are adequate; and
- Requiring suppliers to educate their staff, suppliers and providers in relation to anti-slavery.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is inclusive, supportive, that is based on mutual respect and trust and where everyone feels valued. We want our staff to enjoy equal opportunity in an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
- All new employees are trained as part of company induction
- Staff Handbooks are provided, including the Bullying and Harassment Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Work and Intern Policy
- New or current suppliers are set specific questions designed to identify any risk of modern slavery
- If a risk is found in a current supplier, the risk will be assessed and appropriate corrective actions taken.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54 (1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 2019/20. We acknowledge these practices and measures need ongoing review to ensure that we remain vigilant and proactively manage risk.